|“||One day later, I, Anderous, spreaded terror to the world. Until I miss my throne. So every thousands days, I'm able to fight again. However, I soon find out that 1 kid that ruined my fight: Gumball Watterson. (Theme song plays) NO, you sicko! Dramatic music! That's better. I get revenge on his family for ruining my new era in which demons come together in the great and glorious future.||„|
|~ Anderous, after his return to Elmore.|
Anderous is the main antagonist of the Cartoon Network's 2019 film, The Amazing World of Gumball: Movie, and the minor antagonist of its 2020 sequel, The Amazing World of Gumball 2: The Ending.
He was voiced by Ron Perlman, who also played the Lich, Slade, Stabbington Brothers, Nino and Dieter Reinhardt.
He is the ruthless demon lord, which appeared out of nowhere and destroyed the village, and killing all the people. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere, a hero appeared out of nowhere, defeating the demon lord and restoring peace to the land. The hero then named the land after his name, "Elmore". However, the demon left a message saying he will return again in a thousand years, so their descendants better be ready. Everyone but, the hero, believed that it wasn't true, but the hero knew that he would return, so told his to his future son to warn the other future son's and so on that Anderous, the demon lord, would return, so the descendant would be ready.
The Amazing World of Gumball: Movie
1,000 years later, Anderous returns to the surface, in order to attack the Watterson family. He sends his demons to chase after them, searched the entire city, but they were nowhere to be found. He had figured that they had escaped, so by going to their house, he gathered up information there to find out were they might be found. But he could not do it alone, so he ressurected Jealousy and the past villains. He told them to head for Alaska, because that is where Gumball, Darwin and their family were heading. After they left, Anderous feared that Gumball and Darwin was already heading for Alaska after their last day of the school, so he and his fightes started to abusing and scaring all the students of Elmore (expecting Penny). And especially, he started to search for Penny's family for an unknown reason.
After the alavanche in Alaska, the demons then captures Gumball, Darwin and Anais and take them into the train and traveled into the desert. Anderous tricks the police into arresting Nicole and Richard.
Later, when Gumball had his "army" ready, he hollered out Anderous' name. Anderous couldn't believe what he saw. He had saw that Gumball was still alive. Ignoring him, he prepared his army to attack. Then they both meet on the battlefield, with there two armies ready, both of them ordered to attack. Then when both Gumball and Anderous eye's meet each other, the Battle of Elmore began. People, fighting people, it was just like the war 1,000 years ago. Gumball was heading for Anderous, so he could finish this once and for all. Gumball, Anais and Darwin went with him. Along the way, Rob appeared out of nowhere, telling them they had nowhere to go. Anais said that she would take care of this, so Gumball, Darwin and Anais headed on, until they encountered another enemies, Dark Gumball, Evil Darwin, Jealousy, Miss Simian and Rob. Elsa and Darwin said that they would take care of him, so Gumball went on until he encounter something else. Gumball had no choice, he had to fight him. But all of a sudden, the battle was interupted. Martha stood before Gumball and told him to go on, in which he did. Anderous tried to stop him, but Granny Jojo and Frankie stopped him, and told him that he had to fight her if he wanted to go on.
As Gumball and Darwin arrives in the Forest of Doom, Anderous sends Dark Gumball to throws them into the Void with the Universal Remote. Gumball prevent Anderous from winning the fight with his family, but Anderous' goons easily overpower them and the fight begins as Anderous grows into a big monster. Then, Nicole had finally delivered the final blow, defeating Anderous once and for all, but he regains consciouness and proclaims that he would return again in 1,000 years to claim Elmore as his own. But Gumball and Darwin, did something that the hero didn't do, used the power of the sword to seal Anderous' life into the Sword of Elmore, which later struck it to the ground, sealing the demon forever, and thus destroying the Universal Remote.
The Amazing World of Gumball 2
At the end of the film, Anderous (still inside the sword) is sucked into a hole that opens up and sucks him in and starts destroying Elmore, sending Anderous falling to his death into the Void, signifying the end of Gumball and ending the show on a very horribly bleak note.
Anderous is a ruthless, selfish, cunning, temperamental, vengeful, manipulative and egotistical demonic lord, as he's willing to led Elmore descent into post-apocalypse state by destroys all the rainbow parts through his magic powers, have no qualms of the citizens' fate, and it took a super-powered version of main casts, minus Darwin, to finally defeat him.
|“||This is the event the universe has prophecied! Armageddon is finally here, and it's here to stay! (cackling evily)||„|
|~ Anderous unleashing Armageddon (aka The Apocalypse) over Elmore.|
|“||Look at you two. Pathetic, weak, and undetermined. This is the exact reason why I kill anyone that fails me. You were almost on that list.||„|
|~ Anderous threating Nicole Watterson and Richard Watterson.|
|“||Ground Devils, assemble!||„|
|~ Anderous' famous quote.|
|“||Fine. I'll do it myself.||„|
|~ Anderous, preparing to destroy Elmore for himself after Dark Gumball and Evil Darwin's plans were foiled.|
|“||You fools! I am a god!||„|
|“||NO! NO ONE HAVE A THRONE WITHOUT ME! (cackling evily)||„|
|~ Anderous, during the fight against Gumball and Darwin, before being sucked inside the Sword of Elmore.|
|“||OH NO! It's started!||„|
|~ Anderous, discovered that the threat has begun and is now destroying Elmore shortly before falling into The Void, also his last words.|
- He is also the second character in the series to be played by a guest star.
- Even though Anderous was the main antagonist of the film, Dark Gumball served as The Heavy because it was his quest to destroy Elmore that drove the plot.
- Additionally, Anderous is arguably more evil than Rob, even outside of the film as he was not very evil in the film. This is because Anderous destroys the Rainbow Factory, blames Gumball's family for that, turned Elmore into a post-apocalyptic town and was happy to destroy it, tried to destroy Captain Elmore's legacy and is downright mad with power, even more so than Rob who, while he is an attempted murderer and does want revenge, would (probably) not go to the point of destroying an entire city (this is proven right in the episode "The Inquistion", where Rob tries to save the cast from the show's end and The Void by transforming them into humans so they can escape from the show's reality, mirroring it).
- On top of that, Anderous is arguably more evil than other major series' villains such as Jealousy and Zach Watterson, arguably making him the most evil villain in the series.
- As The Amazing World of Gumball: Movie was originally stated to be the series finale of the show, Anderous was never seen again.
- He serves as the final antagonist of the series.
- Anderous's true colors may be hinted at before the release of the film, while the deleted scene shows Anderous trying to kill the Watterson family by throwing them into the Void with Rob trying to save them.
- Anderous bares a strong resemblance to Sugilite from Steven Universe.