This Villain was proposed and approved by Villains Fanon Wiki's Complete Monster Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this villain from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a futile "heroic" attempt of redemption) and the user will have high chances of being
This article was considered to be an important and/or particularly famous villain.
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
Nekrozoth found something very brutal for those with a weak heart. The page RAT contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you're 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|~ RAT upon finding Mary Schmidt.|
RAT, also known as The Rat, is the main antagonist of the Five Night's at Candy's trilogy.
He serves as the main antagonist of Five Nights at Candy's and it's 2019 remake Five Nights at Candy's Remastered, as one of the two main antagonists of Five Night's at Candy's (alongside CAT), and as the final antagonist of Five Nights at Candy's 3 (as Shadow Rat). He is a monstrous rat animatronic who is kept in a storage room of Candy's Burgers & Fries.
He is possessed by the ghost of a costumed actor who worked at Rat and Cat Theater, the previous incarnation of Candy's Burgers & Fries, who was accidentally killed by his co-worker, who would later become Vinnie, in an argument. He is the archenemy of Mary Schmidt and her daughter Marylin.
As his name suggests, RAT is a rat-like animatronic with big, round ears (one being in undamaged condition, while the other one has a visible endoskeleton). He also has a stitched line running across through his snout. Besides the stitched line, there is also a metallic skin or layer seen on RAT's forehead. He also has hollowed eyes, one having a minor scar. RAT also has a metallic cylinder running across his jaw that makes his jaw function. Speaking of the jaw, he has a visible endoskeleton jaw and has thin squared teeth. His arms and his legs have holes on them and have three metal cubes on each leg and arm. RAT also has visible endoskeleton hands and feet.
Five Nights at Candy's 3
Mary, after telling The Rat she will play hide n' go seek with him and the other children, tries to find a place to hide , but all of the places, including the closet used by the player other previous nights, are all taken by the other children. As the Cat, who also is being played by an actor in the costume, runs out of the "Staff Only" room, leaving the door open and unlocked, Mary decides to hide in the Closet within that room. Soon after, The Rat says he saw her run in, and The Puppeteer appears, then starts chewing the actor in The Rat's costume/suit out for being drunk during work hours.
The Puppeteer asks him to "Think about their Careers and the Children," but The Rat starts to get angry and mock The Puppeteer, which prompts him to attempt to pry of The Rat's mask. The Rat fights back, but ultimately ends up getting pushed by The Puppeteer into Vinnie's bench, and dies instantly. The actor in the Candy (CAT) costume/suit will appear in the room and ask The Puppeteer what happened to Rat, in which The Puppeteer says it was an accident and that Rat was unstable.
Candy says that they need to call the ambulance and the police, whom of which The Puppeteer says not to, and instead lie to the police and say they found The Rat this way. Candy says to tell the police the truth and goes to the phone to do so, but The Puppeteer sneaks behind him and clenches the gap of the suit, suffocating Cat, and kills him. The Puppeteer then calls the police and tells them that he found his co-workers dead while he was out, and leaves the room with Mary, now traumatized, still in the closet.
- There is a huge possibility that The Rat and The Cat are possessed by the actors that were both inside the costumes/suits when they were killed by the Puppeteer back in 1961. As seen back in Five Nights at Candy's, parts of a human skeleton were clearly seen inside The Rat and in the last frame of the Rat's jumpscare, it reveals that he does possess human eyes.
- If that is true, then that would explain why they were active back in Five Nights at Candy's 1 and 2; they wanted revenge on the Puppeteer, who now is possessing Vinnie, for murdering them decades ago.
- In the Five Nights at Candy's 2's final cutscene, he might have been possessed at the time and tried to kill a child.
- In the 6th's night cutscene, the time stamp says "64" unlike "87" in the other cutscenes. This means The Rat is at least 23 years old at the time of the game which may explain his withered appearance.
- RAT is based on Springtrap and Fredbear.
- RAT is the first wirelock animatronic in the series, followed by CAT.
- As revealed in the secret minigame in Five Nights at Candy's 3, he ordered CAT to kill the two twins who became Candy and Cindy the Cat.
|Five Nights at Candy's Villains|