NOTE: This article is about the Sonic.exe in Friday Night Funkin's mod. You can find information on other versions on the disambiguation page.
|“||I'M GONNA GET YA! I AM GOD! HA HA HA HA HA!||„|
|~ Sonic.Exe during Too Slow|
Sonic.EXE (also referred to as Xenophanes) is the main antagonist of the Friday Night Funkin Mod called Vs Sonic.Exe. He is a dark form of Sonic and a well-received creepypasta. He would find Boyfriend and Girlfriend after putting Tail's head on a spike, and Boyfriend would challenge him to a rap battle.
In "Too Slow", he is voiced by MarStarBro, the composer for the song.
Sonic.Exe looks nearly exactly like his idol Sonic, but with several noticeable differences. His fur and quills are dark blue, less smooth, and more unkempt, his skin now a sickly pale color with a black color fading into his forearms, hands, forelegs, and feet, somewhat symbolizing Sonic.Exe's dark matter. Sonic.Exe also has black or purple claws and sports a wide mouth with yellow fangs (the fangs representing when Sonic.Exe created your body). He also has pitch-black eyes, generally red irises with very tiny pupils.
The most notable feature would be that Sonic.Exe always seems to produce blood from under his eyes, even when he is not crying. This blood production was because of a major birthmark, as when Sonic.Exe was first born, his eyes hurt greatly. If one looks closely at Sonic.Exe, one can see a faint but noticeable rash under his eyes from crying so much blood.
Unexplainably, this depiction of Sonic.exe has purple tentacles coming out of his mouth in his up pose and hands producing from his mouth in his down and right pose.
Act 1: Too Slow
Sonic is putting Tails' head on a pike; Sonic.EXE finds a mic and Boyfriend and Girlfriend. Boyfriend would challenge Exe into a rap battle and turns his mic into red. When the song starts, his voice sounds slow, but when the music continues, his voice goes faster by the minute, with even a jump scare coming in. He eventually says, "I'M GONNA GETCHA! I AM GOD! HA HA HA HA HA!"
After failing the rap battle, Sonic.Exe breaks his microphone and rushes to kill Boyfriend. He almost succeeds, but then a big boost of energy cast by Girlfriend sends him back. Boyfriend and Girlfriend would then leave the scene. Enraged by this defeat, Sonic.EXE turns to the body parts of Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman and uses his powers.
Not long after, he finds Boyfriend and Girlfriend. He makes another attempt on the former's life, only for the later protect him again. Now angry, Sonic.Exe challenges Boyfriend to rap again.
Act 2: You Can't Run
Altering his form, Sonic.exe makes further attempts to best Boyfriend by thrusting new kinds of notes on him. He even turns them all into SEGA Genesis graphic temporarily.
After failing for the second time, he lets out a roar, corrupting the forest and making it glitchy.
Act 3: Triple Trouble
In a final effort to kill Boyfriend, Sonic.exe unleashes his true form as Xenophanes and summons the souls of Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman to face Boyfriend with him.
1:25 *Kefka laughter*
2:10 I'm gonna getcha!
I AM GOD! HHHHA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Track composed/arranged and charted by MarStarBro.
Quotes "Hill Act 1 Gym" from Sonic.EXE, precisely Eggman’s level during the first half,
and the Drowning jingle from the Sonic the Hedgehog series during the Second Half.
0:14 *Kefka laughter"
1:22 WHY, YOU LITTLE-
2:32 JUST DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Track composed by MarStarBro.
Quotes "Green Hill Zone" from Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)
Track composed by MarStarBro, Uptaunt and Punkett.
References "Chemical Plant Zone" from Sonic 2 during Tails' section,
"Drowning" from the Sonic The Hedgehog series during Sonic.exe's first section,
"Unknown from M.E." from Sonic Adventure during Knuckles' section,
"Boss Theme" from Sonic 2 during Eggman's section,
"Endless" and "You Can't Run" during Sonic.exe's final section.
Track composed/arranged by MarStarBro and Saster.
|“||I AM GOD!!!||„|
|~ Sonic.Exe's catchphrase|
|“||WHY YOU LITTLE!!!!||„|
|~ Sonic.Exe at the end of the "16-bit segment" of "You Can't Run."|
|~ Sonic.Exe at the end of said song and his villainous breakdown.|
- The Jumpscare in "Too Slow" is a nod to the Video game Sonic.exe.
- Specifically, it's a nod to the short Sonic.EXE-related animation "An Ordinary Battle Amongst Familiar Hills".
- Sonic.exe in "Too Slow" is voiced by MarStarBro, the composer of the track.
- The icon for the game file is the same as the original Sonic.exe application icon.
- Dying in Too Slow and Endless gives you one of these unique game over screens:
- Sonic.Exe will appear over Boyfriend and hover his hands at the side of him. Best advised to select "Retry" not because of its overall creepiness but because if you fail to do so, Sonic.Exe will crush you with his hands and send you back to the main menu.
- Dying in Endless will have you surrounded by Majin Sonic clones, and a countdown will appear above Boyfriend, giving the player the option to press "Retry". Failing to do so or allowing the countdown to reach zero will result in Boyfriend becoming a Majin before the game crashes.
- This game over screen makes Lord X the only opponent in the mod (before the 2.0 update) to not have a unique game over screen.
Sonic.exe: Phantom Saga
Friday Night Fever