This Villain was proposed and approved by Villains Fanon Wiki's Complete Monster Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this villain from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a futile "heroic" attempt of redemption) and the user will have high chances of being
- NOTE: This article is about the original counterpart of Sonic.exe from the classic duology. You can find information on other versions on the disambiguation page.
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
Needlemouse found something very brutal for those with a weak heart. The page Sonic.exe (original) contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you're 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||I… AM… GOD!||„|
|~ Sonic.exe's most famous quote.|
X, better known as Sonic.exe (sometimes stylized as Sonic.EXE), is the titular main antagonist of the Creepypasta of the same name and the main antagonist of its sequel Round 2.
He is an anomalous, interdimensional energy-based entity driven by an instinctive lust for destruction and pain. Becoming completely obsessed with enslaving the human race, X took the form of Sonic the Hedgehog and created a haunted copy of the original Sega Genesis game that acted as a portal separating his dimension from Earth. Since then, he's been using his cult to pass down the game from victim to victim, hoping to one day use it to merge the two realms together and rule the human world and other worlds as a god.
In the video game adaptation of the story, he is voiced by SheyGrell.
X was accidentally created in the void during a cataclysm involving multiple forms of primordial energy, indirectly creating a sentient mass of dark matter with two red eyes. The entity floated around the void for a while until he found a window to both the human world and Sonic's world, in which he became fascinated with Sonic and shaped his body to match his idol's appearance to store his energy. His first laugh (a la Kefka) gave the world the indication that this creature was evil incarnate. He escaped his birth place and created a world molded around the levels in the video games and started to scheme his plan of world domination.
The Sonic.exe Murders
The original Sonic.exe story centers on Tom, a young man who was a big fan of Sonic the Hedgehog, especially the older games. He claimed that he had not played any glitched or hacked games before, though he admitted that he did not want to after an experience he had.
He then proceeded to recount his experience, saying how he received a CD and an accompanying letter from his friend Kyle, begging him to destroy the disc before it's "too late" and not to never play the game.
Ignoring his friend's warnings, Tom played the game and began to encounter odd, somewhat disturbing phenomena, from a title card featuring an evil-looking Sonic with bloody eyes and glowing pupils with a wide smile to the presence of a file select screen similar to that of the one in Sonic the Hedgehog 3, with a red background and chilling music playing.
As he picked the only available character Tails and began the first stage titled "HILL ACT 1", Tom continued to find more evidence that there was something wrong with the game, namely the copious amounts of dead animals, all murdered in gruesome ways and eventually encountering Sonic at the end of the level, standing completely still and with his eyes closed.
When Tails attempted to get his attention during a cutscene by tapping him on the shoulder, Sonic's eyes opened, identical to the evil Sonic on the title screen before cutting to black, with the message "Hello. Do you want to play with me?" In the next level, "HIDE AND SEEK", Tom witnessed Sonic chasing Tails, the former flying despite an inability to do so without a Super form, before disappearing, teleporting in front of the distraught fox and killing him and cutting to black. Tails screams as his throat is slit; a splash of blood is seen coming from his neck.
Shocked, Tom reads the next message, "YOU'RE TOO SLOW. WANT TO TRY AGAIN?". After playing as Knuckles and losing a supposed "boss battle" with Sonic, with Knuckles dying the same way as Tails, Tom decided to take a break from the game.
However, his rest was plagued by nightmares featuring the corrupted Tails and Knuckles, and the demonic Sonic, with him waking in a cold sweat. Returning to the game, Tom picked Dr. Robotnik from the file select screen and continued with the game.
At the end of the level, Sonic teleported in front of Robotnik, before the screen cut to red static. Then, a "autentic" image of Sonic appeared on the screen, with the words "I AM GOD!". This Sonic had bleeding black and red eyes, a very wide grin, and sharp bloodstained teeth. After the game ended, Tom turned around to find, to his utter horror, a bloodied Sonic plush doll on his bed. Tom's fate is ambiguous (though the official sequel reveals that Tom committed suicide to escape from the entity using Sonic's likeness). Kyle was likely Exe's previous victim.
In Video Games
Sonic.exe plays a major role in the PC/computer/indie game adaption created by Game Jolt user MY5TCrimson, serving as the titular main antagonist. First the player plays as Tails, and then he will go to "HILL", progressing through the level. The player will soon find dead animals on the ground and in the palm trees. Eventually, Sonic.exe can be seen hiding in one of the trees along with Tails running, then, out of nowhere, Sonic.exe can be seen just standing there as Tails wonders. When Tails gets close to him, static/buzzing sounds can be heard/seen.
The scene later cuts to a level named "HIDE AND SEEK", where Tails is crying while running in a burning Angel Island Zone. Suddenly, Sonic.exe appears and the fox tries to run, but cries when he gets caught, and then Sonic.exe appears and kills him with just one claw. Right after Tails became Sonic.exe's victim, Knuckles takes the place as a player and runs into Scrap Brain Zone entitled "YOU CANT RUN". Again a static effect will appear and blood will appear under the ground. The sky is a hellish shade of red.
Sonic.exe teleports in front of Knuckles with the text "FOUND YOU" and Knuckles is forced to fight Sonic.exe as Sonic.exe teleports left and right with black smoke surrounding him. Unable to land a punch, Knuckles cries just before Sonic.exe kills him, just like he did with Tails. The last character is Dr. Robotnik; the player spawns in Marble Zone, now labelled as "...". The background resembles a castle, with bloody walls and ghostly blue flames. Robotnik will run down the stairs as the background changes erratically before Sonic.exe kills him. Suddenly a screen will appear with Sonic.exe's face, accompanied with the text "I AM GOD".
The game over screen depicts Green Hill Zone in hellish flames, with Sonic.exe running past the mutilated corpses of his victims. Knuckles’s innards resemble bungee cords, with Tails and Robotnik decapitated. Attempting to escape will result in the screen flashing an image of Sonic.exe grinning evilly with his head tilted; “I AM GOD” appearing several times in the background. After the game over screen shows, the screen will switch to a picture of Japanese text with Sonic.exe in the background. Demonic-sounding music is heard throughout.
To achieve the secret ending, the player must collect 3 black rings
- when you play as tails, the player must go further untill the player will soon find dead animals on the ground and in the palm trees, after this, the player will go left side, however, the static appears when the player go to left side, then, He will go to an unknown course, afterwards, Tails see Sonic standing down here, when the player touches Sonic down there, the static will appears afterwards, and words will appears says "The fire awaits", Tails returned back to HILL, when you go left, you will see a black ring glowing, and Tails collected.
- when you plays as Knuckles, the player must go left the same way like Tails, Knuckles sees a big pit, if the player jumps an it, a bunch of giltches appear after the player jumps on a pit, with word appears "Don't like playing by the rules?", Knuckles going to FFFFFFFFF course, with a bunch of "hypnotizing" screen, when Knuckles walk fowards with the distorted words, at the end, the final words are "YOU'RE NEXT" and the static appears, Knuckles returned back to "You can't run", the player go left again, after this, the player sees a 2th black ring glowing, and Knuckles collected
- when you play as Robotnik, the player must go right less, afterwards, the player go left the same way as Tails and Knuckles, after the the player go left, a static appears, and send Robotnik to the unnamed course, then the words will appear says "Why do you keep fighting? My game has only just begun" then a static appears once again and Robotnik returned back to "...", then the player go left again and the player sees the 3rd black ring, and Robotnik collected
if the player collect 3 blacks rings, then after the game ends, the screen will switch to a picture similar to the Japanese text, but this time, the text has been translated to Engilsh, saying "There is a way to release ourselves. A spell to obtain our souls once more. But we must speak it — but when we speak — No sound. We are all deaf. So failure is inevitable. And I regret ever entering my internal bet with the devil inside of me. Immortality vs. soul snatching. Gary Crook vs. Jake Shanley. Ambition is overrated." after this, the screen will switches to to unnamed static course, and the player will play as the real Sonic, the player will go right and the words said "You had a chance to complay, but now you've come too far." after the player finish the course, the final words will appear, saying "It's time your soul joined theirs" then, a Sonic.exe heads shows up, and Sonic disappears (it is unknown that Sonic is still alive or not) a dark sinster distorted laugh can be heard, then the Japenese text will appear while there is a static.
|“||This Sonic was a monster, a pure evil, sadistic, all-powerful, nightmarish, demented monster... And all of his victims, including Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik and possibly Kyle, are just his little toys, and the game is the very gateway into his chaotic, nightmarish world and the very Hell his victims are trapped in.||„|
|~ Tom describing Sonic.exe.|
The personification and literal physical incarnation of insanity and evil itself, Sonic.exe is warped, vicious, ruthless, heartless and incredibly cruel. An anarchist by nature, Sonic.exe strays from the original Sonic the Hedgehog's jovial and heroic personality and instead being known for his unrelenting sadism and psychopathic nature, preferring to mentally torture and degrade his victims before robbing them of their souls and freedom. A literal and metaphorical monster, Sonic.exe's overall goal is to conquer everything in sight no matter how many innocent lives he has to sacrifice in order to achieve what he wants. He takes sadistic pleasure in creating chaos and misery, as well as tormenting and abusing his victims, torturing them in their sleep by invading their dreams to warn them of his coming presence. Sonic.exe is also a master manipulator, as he was able to manipulate both Kyle and Tom into playing the game, as well as being the leader of the Cult of X, pointing to him being quite charismatic as well. However, he can use Sonic's real form whenever he feels like to give his victims a false sense of security.
Sonic.exe's primary weakness is his overall childish nature when faced with failure or concepts he disagrees with. His obsession with Sonic has gone as far as to make him despise others who dislike Sonic. On rare occasions has Sonic.exe demonstrated how violent and hostile he can be at times when he doesn't get his way, often culminating in him throwing a violent, rage-filled tantrum due to not 'winning' his games. Sonic.exe is also incredibly egotistical, callous and arrogant. A complete narcissist who sees himself above everyone, Sonic.exe sees humans as disposable puppets he can manipulate and torture for as long as he likes simply because he wields the power to do so.
- Main article: Sonic.exe (2017 reboot)
PC Port Timeline
- Main article: Lord X
- Main article: Xenophanes
Game Version Exclusive
- He was created by JC the Hyena, who was inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft and Stephen King.
- In August of 2021, JC was exposed for predatory behavior towards minors alongside his ex-girlfriend, Shannon Love, whom he had emotionally abused and conditioned into believing his behavior was acceptable. Since then, both have relinquished their ownership to Astranomicon and JoeDoughBoi, the latter being the creator of Sonic PC Port while the former worked on a new canon.
- Prior to having his origins revealed, it was widely believed that in terms of the lore, Sonic.exe was a demon possessing Sonic the Hedgehog. This turned out to be false, however, as the two are canonically separate entities.
- It is also worth noting that Sonic.exe idolizes Sonic to the point of obsession.
- Sonic.exe's favorite food is a bowl of meatballs with tomato sauce and sliced pickles. The pickles serve as a side humor for his character, since it was mainly based on Mr. Krabs' description of a soul in the Spongebob Halloween Episode "Scaredy Pants".
- Sonic.exe hates Amy Rose with a fiery passion, because he sees her as a threat to him having Sonic all to himself.
- He also dislikes anyone who likes Amy Rose as well.
- Though initially well received by the Creepypasta community, the story (along with Sonic.exe himself) has recently met a more negative critical reception, due to the overuse of horror clichés. YouTube channel MichaelLeroi read both the original and the sequel, giving both very bad reviews, in addition to both stories being removed from Creepypasta Wiki for "failing to meet quality standards" and moved to Trollpasta Wiki, which resulted in a slightly controversial reaction from J.C. The Hyena, the author of the stories, which was also met with high criticism, which he has since retracted. The story and video feature heavy use of "hyper-realism" and overused shock value and jumpscares, which have become clichés and are now considered a no-no. Stories about "haunted games and videos" are no longer being accepted as a result, due to the typically negative reactions towards these Pastas.
- Sonic.exe is somewhat similar to the Super Sonic of Fleetway's Sonic the Comic series, being a more powerful but evil, possibly demonic version of the character, though that Super Sonic was still Sonic (making him all that much scarier), whereas Sonic.exe is an entity taking Sonic's likeness. He is also similar to "Dark Sonic" from the TV series "Sonic X", when Sonic becomes enraged and power-hungry.
- The amount of blood Sonic.exe cries has caused a faint rash under his eyes. It is unknown exactly why his eyes bleed.
- Despite what many think, the cause of Sonic.exe's yellow teeth is one of the few side effects when his body was made. However, the blood on his mouth strongly implies that he eats the remains of his victims after taking their souls.
- A video of the "game" appeared on YouTube in 2012, with the "sequel" Sally.exe appearing about two years later.
- Although the player has some control over Knuckles, the game will auto-fail and result in each "playable" character's gruesome demise. The corpses are shown behind TV static in the character selection screen, implying that Sonic.exe has corrupted and enslaved them.
- Even though Sonic.exe is incredibly strong and immortal, his real form is just as strong, but weak in defense.
- There are many fan games that based on him and many different variants, the most popular variation is Exetior, the alternate-reality counterpart of the original and titular main antagonist of the Sonic.exe: Nightmare Beginning series developed by JaizKoys. Another variation based off the original Creepypasta story appeared in the sequel of the bad ending with the name Sark, but these versions are normal demons (Exetior used to be a highest) while the real Sonic.exe (despite his similar abilities) isn't a normal demon, he is a demon made out of Dark Matter created in the Void.
- On January 13th, 2017, the official Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter account tweeted "Watch out for black cats today. No one is immune. #Friday13th", which featured a short video of Sonic transforming into Sonic.exe and the background turning into a bloody version of Green Hill Zone.
- This article was originally going to be in the Villains Wiki but was soon moved here.
Sonic.exe: Phantom Saga